Introducing SPIRAL – Small Producer Inclusivity & Resilience Alliance, a one-of-a-kind programme that connects global key players in the oil palm industry to support the inclusion of small farmers in the global supply chain and promote farming methods that tread lightly on the earth.
Palm oil produced under the SPIRAL programme is 100% traceable from farm to mill, certified sustainable and compliant to global policies like NDPE (No Deforestation, No Peat and No exploitation). Launched in 2020, SPIRAL builds upon our 20-year experience in the sustainable palm oil sphere.
- Sustainable livelihoods Ensure a sustainable source for small producers to reduce poverty
- Biodiversity Improve local biodiversity and transition away from monoculture
- Environmental conservation Reduce GHG emissions via reduced fertilizer use and improved natural carbon sequestration
Being a SPIRAL partner helps you
- Meet your sustainable development goals SDGs
- Meet your emission targets
- Make your supply chain more sustainable
- Meet your customers demand for ethical / organic / green goods
- Raise your profile as a champion for sustainability & independent producers
SPIRAL presents a unique opportunity for global brands and consumer goods companies to show tangible commitments towards Zero Deforestation and Science-based targets. Through our programme, the increase in sustainable production areas means an increase in the availability of RSPO-certified products. Companies who commit to sustainable and regenerative sourcing will have more access to sustainable raw materials. These products are traceable back to farms, are inclusive of small producers and help the farms transition to organic production. Not only do these commitments address your corporate sustainability goals, they create bigger impact stories.
As a SPIRAL Partner, you will invest in these core areas
- BIO Farm – Enhance biodiversity to improved farm profitability
- Local market actors – Build local partnerships from within the palm oil value chain – the dealers, the traders and the mill.
- Certification – Fund regional certification programme to enable a low-cost certification model for all.
- Regional support – Enhance regional teams acting as change-agents. A new generation of extension officers.
- Global market – Harness global market actors to develop innovative financing mechanisms.
How you can support SPIRAL
- GROW – Provide direct funding to grow SPIRAL palm oil in regions you operate; direct funds to support growth of WAGS and WAGS BIO Farms.
- CONNECT – Connect SPIRAL palm oil to your Sustainable Procurement Strategies – help us connect your raw material procurement to palm oil mills which are inclusive of WAGS producers; connect WAGS to palm oil mills in your supply-chain.
- ACCELERATE – Explore other strategies to create a demand for SPIRAL palm oil and regenerative agriculture; for example, join forces to create a new impact-driven enterprise targeting palm oil mills to extend WAGS BIO Farms.
For details, reach out to us.